Holbeck lane and the animals
The current street frontage shows a piano business and a large animal feeds premises. Being these, Holbeck Mill at the south western
end of Low Hall Place is one of
the oldest in the area, the portions visible today are mainly late 19th century. The New Mill to the north was the site of textile working from 1800 with surviving buildings from the 1830s. The shape of
the buildings reflects the line of
the former Mill Green Goit and the
southern boundary by the line of
the former Low Beck.